1958 Austin-Healey 100/6 BN4 - £34,995

  • 1.JPG
  • IMG_0761.JPG
  • IMG_0762.JPG
  • IMG_0763.JPG
  • IMG_0764.JPG
  • IMG_0765.JPG
  • IMG_0766.JPG
  • IMG_0767.JPG
  • IMG_0769.JPG
  • IMG_0768.JPG
  • IMG_0770.JPG
  • IMG_0771.JPG
  • IMG_0772.JPG
  • IMG_0773.JPG
  • IMG_0774.JPG
  • IMG_0775.JPG
  • IMG_0776.JPG
  • IMG_0777.JPG
  • IMG_0778.JPG
  • IMG_0779.JPG
  • IMG_0780.JPG
  • IMG_0781.JPG
  • IMG_0783.JPG
  • IMG_0782.JPG
  • IMG_0785.JPG
  • IMG_0786.JPG
  • IMG_0788.JPG
  • IMG_0787.JPG
  • IMG_0789.JPG
  • IMG_0791.JPG
  • IMG_0793.JPG
  • IMG_0792.JPG
  • IMG_0795.JPG

This is a very interesting proposition and one of the prettiest English cars made in the Fifties. It is a 1958 Austin-Healey 100/6 4-Seater BN4. Fully Restored to fast road spec and Left Hand Drive. This car arrived in 2007 and has been the subject of much restoration with over £22k being spent in the last few years with a view to building a fast road/rally car with a racing look! The car is now showing 62k KM's


Donald Healey's eponymous company built a prototype two-seater sports car for display at the 1952 London Motor Show. It was based on Austin A90 Atlantic mechanicals and sported a sleek body designed by Gerry Coker and built by Tickford. It was dubbed the `Healey Hundred' (a moniker chosen to reflect the car's ability to reach 100mph), and Healey planned to build production versions at his factory in Warwick. As things transpired, the prototype captivated the public and so excited Austin's Managing Director, Leonard Lord, that he agreed to build the car in volume at Longbridge. The newcomer was renamed the Austin-Healey 100. The rest is history.


The production bodyshells were made by Jensen and then transported to Longbridge where the cars were assembled alongside the A90. The early cars (code named BN1 and BN2) were equipped with the same four-cylinder 90bhp 2660cc engine as the A90. The 100 had 11-inch drum brakes all round. The front suspension was independent by coil springs while the rear featured a traditional live axle supported by semi-elliptic leaf springs. The steering was by cam and lever. The last of the 100 models, the BN4 (2+2 seater) and BN6 (2-seater) had a two-inch longer wheelbase and were powered by the six-cylinder 2639cc BMC C Series engine previously found in the Austin Westminster. Early versions gave 102bhp, but by 1957 output of the 100-Six had risen to 117bhp.


This car arrive in 2007 and then went straight into restoration with the whole body and shell being repaired or replaced as necessary, over £6,000 was spent in this period on parts, the project then continued until 2010 when a further £10,000 was spent on the mechanicals  cometic bits. The prject changed hands to the last owner in 2018 and he then spent a further £5,000 on parts alone to bring the car near to completion. Now she has a lovely restored interior, the body is totally solid and the paintwork is beautiful with only a couple of minor fingernail sized imperfections. The mechanical side is also restored and ready to go, in fact all she needs is a soft top and frame, the bonnet catch aligning and a few other minor jobs and she is ready for use! She is fully UK Registered with all taxes paid. The history folder is huge with literally hundreds of invoices for all the money spect in the last few years, this is a chance to buy a fully restored Healey and finish off a few little jobs at a significant reduction to the eventual value of the car. You can make this a great road car or use as a base for an FIA Racing car! Please be quick at the asking price!